Sunday, March 2, 2008

Creating tamil word documents without spending a penny

Last week, one of my church member asked my help to translate an english document to tamil. Eventhough I had no experience in any kind of tamil typing whatsoever, I accepted that offer to try something.

Quite some time back, I blogged about Google transliteration tool which is available online.I thought of trying it for this activity.

Google transliteration helps you to type in english and transliterate into tamil. (Please note that it's not translation).

I did the translation myself with the help of some online english to tamil dictionaries.

And finally, I needed some formatting and suddenly Google Docs came to my mind. What more, Google Docs helps you to even share your online document.

And Google Docs also provides option to export your document into formats like pdf, msword, openoffice etc..

With these tools, you can create decent looking tamil documents.

(Please note that google transliteration uses unicode characters)

Resources:
Google Transliteration
Google Docs
English to Tamil Dictionary

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Genial post and this fill someone in on helped me alot in my college assignement. Thank you for your information.

Anonymous said...

Nice post and this fill someone in on helped me alot in my college assignement. Gratefulness you seeking your information.

Anonymous said...

i without a doubt love your writing style, very helpful.
don't give up and also keep writing due to the fact it just simply very well worth to follow it.
impatient to look over way more of your own content, regards ;)

Anonymous said...

Well your article helped me very much in my college assignment. Hats high to you send, choice look audacious in the direction of more interdependent articles promptly as its united of my pet topic to read.

Anonymous said...

i genuinely love all your writing choice, very exciting,
don't give up as well as keep posting seeing that it just simply very well worth to read it,
looking forward to browse through more of your posts, have a good one :)